69 replies to this topic

#61 aindik

aindik

Creepy Internet Person

• Creepy Internet Person
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

I, on the other hand, love the callbacks to the old stuff.

I'm up to show 343 from May 19. Mike is doing a riff on his dogs, which usually bores me. But then Robb brings up little Otis up in heaven, and Mike does his Johnny Constantino bit (which, of course, is exactly what Robb wanted him to do). LMAO. To me, sometimes the funniest stuff is the stuff you see coming a mile away.

That, and Robb opened the show with the business card scene from American Psycho, and then Mike briefly talks up "Hip to be Square" as Patrick Bateman (one of my favorite all time D&M bits).

#62 podunkboy

podunkboy

Sometimes you're sitting on top of the world...

• Super DA Mod Post Whore
  • 19,338 posts
  • Interests:Things, stuff, and whatnot.

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

View PostWildcat, on 02 June 2011 - 10:29 PM, said:

I'm still alive STOP WORRYING ABOUT ME DAMMIT

What?  You weren't weren't worried?  Great, make a guy feel wanted, why don'tcha  o.o

ANYways, I kinda dropped out of the whole Mike O'Meara show thing over a year ago... there were way too many of the Little Things that Mike and Robbay would do, that they'd been doing for months and years, that bugged the puck outta me -- and Buzz was beginning to encourage those habits.  So, I put it all away for awhile.

And started listening again in late April.  This show is *dozens* of times better than it was the last time I listened.  HUGE difference.  I'm glad I picked it up again!

Good to see y'all kept plugging along.  :)

Wildcat
They always come crawling back eventually.

#63 TOL

TOL

A good farmer always finds something to plow

• Forget It, I'm Halfway Home
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,845 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

View Postpodunkboy, on 03 June 2011 - 10:50 AM, said:

Even SEAT?

#64 podunkboy

podunkboy

Sometimes you're sitting on top of the world...

• Super DA Mod Post Whore
  • 19,338 posts
  • Interests:Things, stuff, and whatnot.

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:32 AM

View PostTOL, on 05 June 2011 - 10:22 PM, said:

Even SEAT?

well, maybe not him.

#65 ajdury

ajdury

Bitch with a capital "C"

• Super DA Mod
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

I am a huge fan, still, of TMOS.  Like others, I do think there is too much talent and too much 'stepped on' content going on, but that is EXACTLY why I love it being a podcast  ::hits Rewind and Play::  I can hear it at my leisure, anywhere, and it only being an hour keeps it fresh and funny as fuck in my book.

Don can cram 87 hours of misogyny and "How Cute Are My New Wife and Dogs?" stories into 4 hours every day and I am still over his misogyny and "How Cute Are My New Wife and Dogs?" stories.  More content absolutely does not equal better content.

My fingers are crossed that Mike and gang keep Prize Pig/Attention Whore Dennis Murphy the fuck out of their show.  Don needs filler content to pad out the other 3 hours of his show.  Mike does not.  Dennis is nothing but filler and always has been.

"GGGGHHowww you doooooinnnn GGGGhhhuysss?" hasn't been entertaining for years.

#66 Wildcat

Wildcat

Not Supposed to Be Here Today

• Clearly Has No Life
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

View Postpodunkboy, on 03 June 2011 - 10:50 AM, said:

Not much choice, since you went and lowered the clearance of the doors to 3 feet!  :D

Wildcat

#67 jlo

jlo

Been Here 7 Years

• Just Won't Listen
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,439 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

This has been a stellar week so far.  I think Oscar peed his pants yesterday, he was laughing so hard!

#68 aindik

aindik

Creepy Internet Person

• Creepy Internet Person
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

Anyone know who Mike is talking about on the 6/1 show (No. 350) at the end of the opening vignette? He tells some unnamed person to S a D after mentioning Michael Hughes (in a positive light) and saying that he was recently reminiscing about good and bad moments of his radio career.

Show 350 is the one Mike hosts over the phone from the offices of 105.9 The Edge.

#69 Chuck4207

Chuck4207

"You say silly things"

• Super DA Mod
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

I think some people got fired - Don made a comment about it being a bad day in radio on or around the same day.

#70 dolt

dolt

The Power of Cheese

• Really Greasy Foodlover
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:09 PM

*DING*

Reply to this topic