#46 LollyAdverb

LollyAdverb

Like Butter.

• Esteemed Post Whore
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:04 PM

View PostVinny Vega, on Apr 11 2008, 11:01 PM, said:

Things can travel in this day and age. B)

torrent?

#47 birdymama

birdymama

It's ME!!

• Fashionably Gothic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,883 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff and whatnot.

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

View PostVinny Vega, on Apr 11 2008, 10:01 PM, said:

Things can travel in this day and age. B)

I'm SO ready!!!!

View Postnicksmom, on Apr 11 2008, 10:04 PM, said:

Birdy it sounds like he's offering to be a mule.  :)

(again)  I'm SO ready!!!!!!!!!!!!

#48 Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

No longer here!

• WTF?
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:29 PM

View Postnicksmom, on Apr 11 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

Birdy it sounds like he's offering to be a mule. :)

More like a clydesdale.

#49 Reignking

Reignking

Arguably Offensive

• In a ROW?!
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:34 PM

View Postscotttaylor, on Apr 11 2008, 09:47 PM, said:

For me, I would rather get a few people that had a lot of shows together and try to get the most comprehensive collection possible.  If we could throw the whole collection up as a massive torrent, then that would be great.  But I think most people would rather get a package in the mail rather than waiting for 30-40 gigs of audio to download.  Then again, there may only be a few people on here that would actually like to have that massive collection.

View Postscotttaylor, on Apr 11 2008, 10:10 PM, said:

the only reason I brought up the idea was because some of the torrents don't exist for a few chunks of time.  I thought a few people might like the idea (hence the thread).  

I've got 8 hours to fill at work and I'm tired of Opie & Anthony.  I'd rather misten to old D&M/new MO'M shows.

If you know the torrents exist, then use those, and get others to add to them if they have more...

Otherwise, you can send them to me, C/O North Pole.

#50 birdymama

birdymama

It's ME!!

• Fashionably Gothic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,883 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:47 PM

View PostVinny Vega, on Apr 11 2008, 10:29 PM, said:

More like a clydesdale.

Posted Image

#51 Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

No longer here!

• WTF?
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

Yes!! Birdy ;)

#52 birdymama

birdymama

It's ME!!

• Fashionably Gothic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,883 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:52 PM

View PostVinny Vega, on Apr 11 2008, 10:51 PM, said:

Yes!! Birdy ;)

....and they also bring the beer, if I'm not mistaken....!!!

#53 scotttaylor

scotttaylor

Certified Window Licker

• Pooped at O'Meara's
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

The question was asked at the beginning of the thread about getting a complete collection of D&M together.  I brought up a solution and I'm being crucified for it.  I know where the torrents are and have used them for years now.  Before that I was pulling them from the usenet from Ledbelly.  But I've also used b&p trees and know how effective they are in distributing large amounts of content.  "Complete 23 Years", which nobody would be able to piece together anyway, is massive.  If 15 years worth could be accounted for and if there were a handful of people that wanted it, I've offered to help distribute it.  That's all.  

I was in a gracious mood following that final show and was willing to toss the idea out there.  Forgive me for trying to help.

#54 Chuck4207

Chuck4207

"You say silly things"

• Super DA Mod
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

View Postscotttaylor, on Apr 11 2008, 08:53 PM, said:

The question was asked at the beginning of the thread about getting a complete collection of D&M together.  I brought up a solution and I'm being crucified for it.  I know where the torrents are and have used them for years now.  Before that I was pulling them from the usenet from Ledbelly.  But I've also used b&p trees and know how effective they are in distributing large amounts of content.  "Complete 23 Years", which nobody would be able to piece together anyway, is massive.  If 15 years worth could be accounted for and if there were a handful of people that wanted it, I've offered to help distribute it.  That's all.  

I was in a gracious mood following that final show and was willing to toss the idea out there.  Forgive me for trying to help.

No, really - your audio will be greatly appreciated...just hang on and keep posting here :ph34r: we'll figure out a way...maybe ;)

#55 Joe

Joe

Certified Window Licker

• Noted Mimic
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:48 PM

View Postscotttaylor, on Apr 11 2008, 10:53 PM, said:

You have a valuable collection and I would like to figure something out... If anything I would paypal you a hefty ransom to send me everything you have....I realize thats selfish but if no one else wants to cooperate then I need to look out for number one!...I suggest a torrent because thats the easiest way I know to transfer a large file...Please let us (or just me) know! AND ALL OTHERS WITH OLDER YEARS MAYBE SEND THEM ALL TO THIS GUY BECAUSE HE KNOWS THIER VALUE!

#56 tls11823

tls11823

What?

• Just Won't Listen
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,949 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:05 AM

View PostVinny Vega, on Apr 11 2008, 08:26 PM, said:

If he only had some talent...well at the very least he would not be Sting.
Dude!  Get outta my head!

[I can't stand either one of those douches.]

#57 Chuck4207

Chuck4207

"You say silly things"

• Super DA Mod
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:11 AM

View PostJoe, on Apr 11 2008, 09:48 PM, said:

You have a valuable collection and I would like to figure something out... If anything I would paypal you a hefty ransom to send me everything you have....I realize thats selfish but if no one else wants to cooperate then I need to look out for number one!...I suggest a torrent because thats the easiest way I know to transfer a large file...Please let us (or just me) know! AND ALL OTHERS WITH OLDER YEARS MAYBE SEND THEM ALL TO THIS GUY BECAUSE HE KNOWS THIER VALUE!

Again, patience grasshopper - hang on to all them old shows and hang around here - that audio is highly valued

#58 Eilert Pilarm

Eilert Pilarm

The Seldom Seen Kid

• Super Mod Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:13 AM

I picked one helluva day to NOT be able to get off from work

didnt say 'get off AT work'

although i'd surely like to

well, now that i've downloaded today's podcast, time to listen via time machine

and i got a phone with unlimited web JUST IN TIME to be able to hear Mikey's new show whenever i'm away from the HÄÜS!!!

#59 Guest_jojolego_*

Guest_jojolego_*
  • Just Checking In

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:39 AM

View PostLollyAdverb, on Apr 11 2008, 08:19 PM, said:

You're asking a bunch of internet addicts to use the mail?

If you've got that much shit recorded, post it online somewhere and tell the die-hards where to find it.

bittorrent

#60 podunkboy

podunkboy

Sometimes you're sitting on top of the world...

• Super DA Mod Post Whore
  • 19,338 posts
  • Interests:Things, stuff, and whatnot.

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:54 AM

We're still shell-shocked from Friday, but life WILL get back to normal, and we'll work out details/plans regarding the processing and exchanging of good old show content. It doesn't have to get done tonight, or this weekend. We're not going anywhere any time soon.

Reply to this topic